Literacy can transform a life. Thanks to the generous support of corporations, foundations, community organizations, and thousands of individuals across Pinellas County just like you, we are helping to enable such transformations every day.
Membership allows us to fulfill our mission and put everyone on the path to discovering the inspiring array of people, places, and ideas that await them inside the world of reading.
Read Pinellas wants to congratulate all the recent and up coming graduates. Thank you for all your hard work.click here, to learn more about our services and how we are striving to increase literacy in our community .
Read Pinellas promotes a rich and thriving learning experience. Here are some quick statistics and student numbers:
• 15% of the United States population has specific reading disorders.
• 46% of American adults cannot understand the labels on their pharmaceutical prescriptions.
• 50% of U.S. adults are unable to read an eighth grade level book.
• 33% of U.S. high school graduates never read a book after high school.
• 80% of U.S. families have not purchased a book this year.
• 50% of books started are never read to completion.
• 70% of adults have not been in a bookstore in the past five years.
• 15% of U.S. students are dyslexic.